The course is primarily intended for lawyers working in (international) sports law, (CAS) arbitrators, disciplinary judges, lawyers of sports governing bodies, sports organizations, clubs, collective bodies and players’ agents / intermediaries.
The presentations will be held partly in Dutch and partly in English (without simultaneous translation being available!).
7 June edition (with guest speakers William Sternheimer, Lucas Ferrer de Robles and Alexandra Gómez Bruinewoud):
- Provisional measures in arbitration proceedings before CAS (English-spoken contribution by Mr Sternheimer);
- An overview and analysis of the disciplinary proceedings regarding the registration of minors in Spain (the sanctions imposed on FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Atlético de Madrid and the Spanish Football Association RFEF) (English-spoken contribution by Mr Ferrer de Robles);
- Discussion of a recent CAS Award regarding a national transfer, including a request for provisional measures (English-spoken contribution by Ms Gómez Bruinewoud);
- Recent CAS jurisprudence on FIFA’s Transfer Matching System (TMS) (Dutch-spoken contribution by Mr Koolaard);
- Optionally, other current affairs.
6 December edition (with guest speakers Emilio García Silvero and Josep F. Vandellos Alamilla):
- CAS jurisprudence on UEFA’s Club Licensing and Financial Fair Play Regulations (English-spoken contribution by Mr García Silvero);
- Insolvency / administration / bankruptcy of football clubs and the legal implications thereof in an international context (English-spoken contribution by Mr Vandellos Alamilla);
- Directors’ liability of football directors in the Netherlands (Dutch-spoken contribution by Mr Borghans);
- CAS jurisprudence on domestic licensing issues in football (Dutch-spoken contribution by Mr Nan);
- Taxation at Dutch football clubs on a percentage of the transfer fee paid to players (Dutch-spoken contribution by Mr Van de Peppel);
- Optionally, other current affairs.
- Mr William Sternheimer, Deputy Secretary General to the CAS, Lausanne, Switzerland.
- Mr Lucas Ferrer de Robles, Partner and Attorney-at Law at Pintó Ruiz & Del Valle Abogados & Economistas, Barcelona, Spain and former Counsel to the CAS.
- Ms Alexandra Gómez Bruinewoud, Senior Legal Counsel at FIFPro, Hoofddorp, the Netherlands.
- Mr Emilio García Silvero, Managing Director Integrity at UEFA, Nyon, Switzerland.
- Mr Josep F. Vandellos Alamilla, Partner and Attorney-at Law at Vandellos Sports Law, Valencia, Spain.
- Mr René Borghans, Partner and Attorney-at Law at De Kempenaer Advocaten, Arnhem, the Netherlands.
- Mr Manfred Nan, Partner and Attorney-at Law at De Kempenaer Advocaten, Arnhem, the Netherlands and CAS Arbitrator.
- Mr Dennis Koolaard, Attorney-at Law at De Kempenaer Advocaten, Arnhem, the Netherlands and CAS Ad Hoc Clerk.
- Mr Lennart van de Peppel, Paralegal at De Kempenaer Advocaten, Arnhem, the Netherlands.
Welcome at 12.15h with lunch, each edition starts at 13.00h sharp
15.00h coffee break, 15.30h continuation, ends 17.30h.
Permanent education for Dutch accredited Attorneys-at-Law (in accordance with the “Verordening op de Vakbekwaamhied” of the Dutch Bar Association (“NOvA”)
- This course contributes to the development of knowledge and expertise of lawyers, arbitrators, disciplinary judges, corporate lawyers and other persons working in the field of international sports law.
- The content of the course is of academic level and is intended for those who have followed academic education.
- Per course 4 credits (NOvA) can be registered.
Per course EUR 600, excl. VAT (including study material, coffee / tea and lunch). Early bird: If you register for both courses by 7 May 2018 at the latest, a fee of EUR 900, excl. VAT applies (including study material, coffee / tea and lunch).
Complete the registration form and within two weeks after registration you will receive an invoice. After registration you will receive a confirmation of your participation (NB: this confirmation could possibly end up in your spam filter), subject to timely receipt of the course fee. A few days before the symposium you will receive an email with the latest practical information.
Reimbursement of the course fee can only take place upon cancellation, at the latest four weeks before the relevant course date.
Please do not hesitate to contact Mr Dennis Koolaard should you require any additional information.